Low back pain is a common issue affecting millions of people yearly. Various reasons, including poor posture, trauma, and overuse, can cause it. Whatever the cause, low back pain can be debilitating and prevent you from enjoying your activities.
With the help of safe, effective methods, including chiropractic care, you can end low back pain fast and for good, without the need for medication or aggressive treatments.
In this article, we’re going over:
- Reasons for lower back pain
- How to protect your back and spine right now
- Injuries that cause lower back pain
- Chiropractic services and other natural ways to end lower back pain fast
- And more
Let’s get you on the road to recovery.
Why Does My Lower Back Hurt?
Lower back pain can affect anyone from the highly active to the elderly to the desk sitter; it doesn’t discriminate. In most cases, the discomfort stems from imbalances or damage to the body’s musculoskeletal system (soft tissues and joints) or spine.
While you may feel pain in the low back, the injury could actually be elsewhere, so it’s important to find out what your condition is to end your pain effectively.
Common injuries associated with lower back pain include:
- Disc herniation
- Degenerative disc disease
- Sprains and strains
- Scar tissue
These conditions vary in severity, but with the right natural care, they can be managed, ending low back pain quickly.
Common reasons for conditions that cause low back pain include:
- Poor posture or ergonomics
- Improper habitual movement patterns
- Poor lifting techniques
- Physical occupation
- Improperly set up workstation
- Soft or unsupportive mattress
- Chronic injury or incorrect healing of an injury
- Pregnancy or weight gain
- Improper shoes or wearing high heels for extended periods
- Working on your feet for extended periods
- Repetitive use or overuse of soft tissues, joints, or spine
How Do I Protect My Lower Back from Pain?
Preventing injury is always best, and you can do that with strengthening methods and providing preventative care. If you’re in the first stages of experiencing low back pain, you may be able to correct it with some guidance and gentle physical techniques.
Learning about and utilizing proper movement patterns and posture will significantly benefit your lower back comfort, as these play a pivotal role in spine health. Once you work these good habits into your everyday routine, they’ll become instinctual, and that’s a tremendous step in supporting the lower back.
Other tips to protect your low back include:
- Engage in correct lifting techniques
- Rest when standing for long periods
- Walk or stretch when sitting for long periods
- Sleep on a firm mattress
- Engage in daily physical activity
- Strengthen your core muscles
- Stretch the spine and soft tissues for increased flexibility
- Rest your feet from high heels
- Wear shoes with good support
- Ensure your soft tissues, joints, and spine are functioning well
- Use an ergonomic chair
- Engage in warm-ups and cool-downs when working out, training, competing, or playing
Nothing can guarantee you won’t get low back pain, but giving your spine and back the right support will strengthen them and benefit your body’s overall function, decreasing the likelihood of injury or re-injury.
Fast Relief for Low Back Pain
When you’re in pain, you want relief fast. We don’t recommend implementing any serious exercise program on your own, as you may cause further injury; however, by using gentle stretches and moderate activity, you may find the relief you’re looking for.
Some of these effective natural remedies may help you right now:
- Get physical: yoga, walking, twisting, touching the toes, stretching your arms above your head
- Apply heat by bath, shower, or heating pad
- Gentle massage
- Remove footwear
- Correct your posture
While these can all help end pain in the short term, working with a chiropractor can ensure you get the best treatment plan to heal the injury.
Visit Our Chiropractic Clinic in Ellisville to End Lower Back Pain
Chiropractic care is a natural, non-invasive approach to healing the body. It adjusts the spine and soft tissues to restore proper alignment and balance. This relieves pressure on the nerves and reduces pain quickly.
Experienced chiropractors use various techniques to help patients, including manual adjustments, soft tissue therapy, and exercise plans. These techniques can help improve range of motion, reduce inflammation, and speed up healing.
Our clinic provides a comprehensive analysis to determine the cause of your discomfort. Once we know your condition, a unique chiropractic treatment plan, including different modalities and take-home care and insight, will be designed.
Chiropractic services gently but effectively empower the body to heal fast.
Common chiropractic solutions for lower back pain:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Cox Technic
- Graston Technique
- Cupping Technique
- Dry Needling
- Kinesio tape
- Corrective exercise
- Postural guidance
- And more
Early intervention is key when it comes to ending low back pain fast. The longer you wait, the more difficult it can be to eliminate the pain, which can turn into a chronic condition.
Let’s get you comfortable. Contact our chiropractic care team so we can perform a thorough examination, including a review of your medical history, to determine the cause of your pain. We’ll develop a customized treatment plan tailored to your individual needs and goals.
We’re here to help you thrive.