Pregnancy is an exciting time for most mothers; however, it can also be overwhelming with evolving physical demands placed upon the body, hormonal changes, and mental stress. Chiropractic care is a safe, natural way to ensure your body is well-functioning and comfortable, as it helps to relax both body and mind.
Working with a chiropractor during your pregnancy has several benefits that help you and your baby.
This article will tell you:
- Four great benefits of working with a chiropractor during your pregnancy
- How to help avoid pain while pregnant
- Chiropractic solutions that reduce pain while pregnant
- And more
If your pregnancy pain is causing you stress or if you’d like to help prevent discomfort throughout your pregnancy, this post will tell you how to safely and holistically support your body.
Benefits of Chiropractic During Pregnancy
Because the pregnant body must make room to support and deliver a baby, physical adjustments occur naturally. While remarkable, this process can generate several conditions that lead to pregnancy-related pain.
There are numerous injuries and symptoms that can occur while pregnant, including:
- Sciatica and hip pain
- Low back pain
- Disc herniation
- Imbalance to the pelvic floor
- Sprains and strains
- Neck pain
- Mental stress and anxiety
- And others
Fortunately, many of these conditions and symptoms can be successfully controlled using trusted and proven chiropractic techniques. Not only will these solutions reduce pain, but they also offer other benefits to mom and baby.
A balanced and functioning body
For the body to support you and your baby, it must be fully and properly functioning. With consistent, proactive appointments with your local prenatal chiropractor, you know that the spine, pelvis, and musculoskeletal system are performing as they should, balanced and healthy.
Reduced stress and anxiety
Physical pain and mental stress are deeply intertwined. In many cases, pain induces stress, and stress induces pain. The cycle can be heightened during pregnancy because many expectant mothers feel anxious and concerned, even at the best of times.
Chiropractic care will reduce your physical pain and help you feel calmer, more confident, and relaxed, so you can better enjoy this special time.
Better sleep quality
Sleep can be hard to come by when pregnant. An overactive mind, hormonal changes, and discomfort can make it difficult to fall and stay asleep. Your chiropractor can provide you with insight regarding sleeping positions, pillows, meditation, breathing, exercises, and more that contribute to better sleep patterns.
A safer and faster delivery process
When the body is functioning well, and the spine and pelvic floor are balanced, the baby is better able to position itself for the delivery process. Without restrictions within the body, you can also move easier, breathe efficiently, and focus better.
Tips to Help Reduce Pregnancy Pains
Pain doesn’t have to affect your happy, healthy pregnancy.
If you have pains and discomforts related to your pregnancy, these tips can help:
- Get exercise; movement is key to how your body performs
- Rest when tired and sore so you can recoup some of that lost energy and take pressure off joints and tissues
- Get a massage; this will help physically, mentally, and emotionally
- Change your shoes; your feet are carrying more weight, so give them the proper support
- Reduce your workload, whatever that looks like to you (ask for help!)
- Apply ice to swollen areas
- Apply heat to aching areas
- Take some me-time so you can unwind and manage your stress levels
Visit Our Ellisville Chiropractic Clinic for Pregnancy Care
Chiropractic services are safe by nature and allow you to get excellent results that heal and strengthen your body and mind for a successful pregnancy and delivery. Our team is dedicated to your pleasant experience throughout your pregnancy, and we have numerous in-clinic treatments to help you thrive.
The chiropractic solutions we offer to help improve your pregnancy include:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM)
- Kinesio taping
- Guidance on lifestyle, posture, and exercise
- Insight regarding stretching, sleeping, and stress management
Contact our Ellisville prenatal chiropractor so you can get pain-free and confident during this important time. We know you want this to be a happy experience, and we want to help make sure that happens.